Stop stressing over what diet to follow and how to make a diet chart. There are many free resources available online and in this article, I will teach you how to make one.
- First thing First – Take a pen and paper
- Write down your weight, your height, your age and your sex
- Note down your body fat percentage with this reference chart (or if you visit any nearby gym and get it scanned)
- Go to https://www.sailrabbit.com/bmr/ and enter all details with your activity levels.
- Now if you want to lose fat, eat less than your TDEE and if you want to gain, eat more than your TDEE. Also, understand, online calculators are just for approximation, keep trying till you find what your maintenance (actual tdee) calories are.
For example: In the above calculations, the TDEE is 2,168
To lose fat : I will keep overall calories somewhere around: 1800-1700
To gain muscles I will keep overall calories somewhere around: 2300-2400
- 1 gm protein has 4 calories, 1 gm carbohydrate has 4 calories and, 1 gm fat has 9 calories.
- To preserve muscle and optimal protein intake should be: 1.5g to 2.5g per kg of your body weight. So here in the above calculations, I will keep my protein intake = 150g. And 150g of protein will give me = 600kcal
- For optimal hormonal health and brain functions, I will keep Fats around 20-30% of the TDEE. i.e. 542 kcal from Fats i.e. 60g Fats
- Now I am left with 1,026 kcal for the Carbs, hence: 256g carbs
- Now according to my TDEE – 150g P : 60g F : 256 g C is what will help me to maintain my current weight. If I want to reduce fat, I will reduce few fats and carbs and to gain I will increase few fats and carbs.
That’s it. Chart is ready.
Disclaimer: Do not follow the chart below blindly. This is just an example. Your calorie intake will depend on how much you walk, how much you sleep, what are your stress levels, your overall NEAT, your body fat, etc. Blindly following this chart may result in health complication for which I am not responsible. This is just a guide, use it like one. And if you have any medical condition, please consult your Doctor first.
Join my Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/411714883049409/?ref=share
Still confused? Read this : When to hire a Nutrition Coach.
You are just here for supplement knowledge? Read this: Supplements I use
That’s about it. Feel free to DM me anytime.