Guest: Shubham Gaur- he is a famous YouTuber and a content creator.
Listen to the podcast here: https://anchor.fm/chirag-barjatya/episodes/Podcast-on-Youtube-content-creation–self-awareness-and-on-present-political-scenario-with-Shubham-Gaur-e5nvgk
How to learn and start creating content on youtube?
- Identify what talent you have – comedy, stand up comedy, singing, fitness, dancing etc.
- One should really have the interest to feature and get featured.
- See tutorials on how a video is made.
- Learn and keep making videos on your own to learn more.
- Keep the audio and video clear enough.
- Use unique and out of the box ideas.
- Don’t become the crowd, monotonous stuff will never be seen by people.
- Target sensible audience for your content.
- Don’t compete and get into it to make money.
- Don’t copy or use the same things as used in other videos.
- Build your own unique style.
- Connect with the audience.
- Prefer using local languages if comfortable.
Criticism and failure:
- If we talk about comedy, no comedy is clean.
- Someone or the other is offended or insulted, that is for sure.
- In our country, no legal action is usually taken for trolling or expressing views on social media.
- Your content can be anything but it should be decent and acceptable.
- If you are serving something, it is obvious that some may like it and some may not.
- Be ready for rejection and improvement.
- Don’t ignore the critics and negative reviews in your content.
If your content is related to politics and political scenarios:
- If politics and politicians are the sources of your comedy content, make sure it is presented that you are doing it for comedy.
- Don’t insult them totally.
- Don’t make any content just to seek attention unaware of what is wrong and right.
- Praise the good things that they have made happen.
- Establish creditability. Don’t try to prove wrongs things correct and vice versa.
What kind of content does the YT industry need? Is there a bright future in this?
- YouTube favours intelligent content.
- The content and presentation should be very unique.
- Topics and fields may not vary but the style of presentation is what gets the audience attracted.
- Target good audience which is sensible enough to understand humour.
What role does self-awareness play?
- You should be self-aware that is you should be sure of what you are doing.
- You should be able to decide whether your content is worth or not.
- One should make sure what is the motive behind her/his videos.
- Keep a check on time invested on the same.