For the love of Soya Chunks!
Here is how you can cook high protein pulao. This meal got a high amount of carbs as well which you can use in carb loading diet.
•Plain rice 1/2 Cup ( cook and keep it separately
- Butter (Or Ghee) – 1 tbsp
- Jeera – 1/2 tsp
- Onion – 1 (chopped)
- Tomato – 1 chopped
- Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
- Pav Bhaji Masala – 1 tbsp
- Red chili powder – 1/2 tsp
- Soya Chunks – 60 to 70 g
- Capsicum – 1/2 (chopped)
- Potato (optional) – 1 chopped into cubes
- Cauliflower – 1/4 of a Cauliflower
- Carrot – 1 chopped
- French beans – 15 (chopped)
- Green Peas – 1/2 Cup
- Coriander leaves – A palmful
- Boil all the veggies with 2 cups of water ( Potatoes, Beans, Cauliflower, Carrots, and Peas) with a pinch of salt. For about 10 mins. It shouldn’t be completely cooked.
- Put soya chunks in boiled water with a little salt for 15 mins ( Don’t boil them ). Then remove, squeeze the water out and add to the veggies that are 80% cooked.
- In a Kadhai heat butter/ghee with a little cooking oil and set on medium flame. Add Jeera and let them pop.
- Add the chopped onions and fry till transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste, fry it for a minute or two till it leaves an aroma.
- Add Tomatoes and salt till tomatoes are cooked well.
- Add Pav Bhaji Masala and chili powder, mix them well.
- Add Capsicum and let it cook for 2 – 3 mins
- Add 1/4 cup of water (over here you can use the water that was used to boil the veggies or the soya chunks)
- Then add the veggies and soya chunk, mix well for a while.
- Then add the cooked rice, mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves or caramelized onions (fry beforehand) and serve.